Friday, February 02, 2007

Vanessa

Every Friday during our senior year, I dropped by Ms. Hechanova’s office to submit the weekly attendance sheet. Never naman kami nag-uusap, at the most small talks lang. But alam ko before naman she was calling me Sharleen.

But ewan ko ba why she started calling me Vanessa nung mga last few weeks of 4th Year. Never ko rin naman siya cinorrect. Haha!
So one afternoon after I gave her the attendance sheet, may kinekwento siya but I can’t remember what it was about. Tapos towards the end of the conversation:

Ms. Hechanova: …blah blah blah, Vanessa. Blah blah blah
Shatan, just smiles and nods in agreement.
Ms. Hechanova: …blah blah blah

…We were walking away from each other na.

Ms. Hechanova, turns around and asks: Your name is Vanessa, right…?
Shatan: Uhhh… (awkward pause)… It’s…Sharleen…

Then I gave her one of my biggest embarrassed smiles. Haha.

No comments: